Monday, October 22, 2012

Running for a Colorful Cure

2 runs, 2 days, 2 early mornings.

This weekend was very eventful and colorful. 

Saturday was the breast cancer run/walk at Bayfront park and it was amazing! Survivors, women, men, children, family and friends all walking (and decked out in pink) for one cause. When I was in 4th grade I found out my grandmother had breast cancer for the 1st time, it was hard to process but she is the strongest woman I know. She has fought cancer 3 times and she has beat it every time! Cancer-0 Abuela-3. Finishing that race was emotional because knowing all that I walked can help other grandmas, moms, daughters, women fight this cancer and WIN!
 
"The Strongest Woman I Know."

Sunday morning, a time to wake up get dressed and get splattered with paint? 
The next day after the breast cancer run it was time for the happiest 5k ever, The Color Run. Knee high socks, tutus and tattoos on faces was the dress attire for me and 5 amazing colorful women who went off to Key Biscayne to run the happiest race ever! After doing the wave, dancing The Cupid Shuffle and take a million pictures it was our turn to run and I have to say I've never been so excited to start a race in my life. Passing yellow, orange, blue and pink we couldn't even recognize ourselves towards the end! After the after race rave, more color splatting and even more pictures our colorful morning came to an end but the memories will last a lifetime!
"Fathers Sock, Banana Man and Gangmen Style"

As always,
Love Katerina

No comments:

Post a Comment