Thursday, January 31, 2013

Thanks For Calling West Marine...

Haaay

Today was a bittersweet day for me. 

This morning I had an interview for receptionist job at a law firm. Its a big step from what I normally have done (retail) but I'm up for something new. Within a few hours I GET THE JOB! Call me blessed... yes. 
That was the sweet part here comes the bitter.

I've been working at West Marine, a marine store selling fishing stuff and boating parts, for 3 years. I started at the young age of 17 back in 2010, that was my first ever job. They taught me so much and have experienced so much at that store, the good and the bad. For the past year I've been saying "I hate this place I need to quit NOW!" almost all the time. I know debbie downer over here right? For some reason 2012 was not the year for me and West Marine. 2:28 pm I got the call that I've been wanting for so long but then realizing, wow today will be my last day at a job that I've become very comfortable with. 6:20 pm I uttered the words I thought I wouldn't be saying, "Thank you for letting me work here the 3 years but its time for me to go." 

Okay it wasn't those exact, professional words but something along those lines. 

West Marine, 
Thank you. You gave me my first ever job, you've taught me skills that I will use forever, at times you were my safe haven and my hell, you given me so many chances, I've gained friendships and foes throughout the company, you taught me to be more mature but yet still have fun, you taught me how to work with people and how to work at a business. All in all thank you for everything I will honestly miss you. 

Managers and Co-Workers,
Thank you for the laughs, cries, frustrations and memories the last 3 years it will be very weird not seeing all of you but I hope your lives will turn out to be amazing! good luck store 1099, 31, 114, 131 and every single amazing person in there(: I will miss you all with all my heart <3


Now for a picture collage of West Marine:




As always,
Love Katerina

No comments:

Post a Comment