Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Change of Plans.

I was going to write about how my day went from bad to good to bad to good all in a matter of 5 hours but I thought about it and decided to go a bit deeper...

"In discipline there's freedom." -Pablo Carals 

Can you be disciplined but yet have freedom? 

This was the discussion question today in my creative writing class and there were multiple answer given: 

"If your disciplined you don't really have freedom... but if you have enough discipline about something your free to do what please... Well, if your a person, for example, who plays any instrument you need to be disciplined and once you know the basics your free to play whatsoever." 

My opinion? I honestly don't know, maybe both. If you have the basics of something and know how to do it well you have the freedom to move around but aren't there still restrictions?
You and me live in a world today were freedom is hard to have and discipline is hard to give so where do we stand? 

Thoughts? I'd like to hear (: I don't bite... Hard.


Never forgotten. September 11, 2001 I was in third grade, I was wearing a light blue polo and a khaki skort and my teacher was about to put on a movie when one by one all the kids started getting picked up by there parents. I remember my mom getting me and brother with tears in her eyes trying to get home as fast as possible. Finally when we got home she dropped everything and put on the news.

"At 8:46am a plane was high jacked and crashed into one of the twin towers here is some live footage now.. WAIT! THERES ANOTHER PLANE! ITS AIMING RIGHT TOWARD THE OTHER TOWER!..."

It was a hard day not only to NYC but for America, but somehow in the darkest hour America was getting closer to one another.
My prayers go out to the victims family, for the regular people who became heroes, NYPD, troops, firefighters. Never forgotten even after 11 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment